Wednesday, June 4

Welcoming Hannah Elise

Recently I traveled down to the Bay Area to visit my sister and meet my new niece, Hannah Elise. Remarkably, Hannah shares a birthday (May 1st) with her mother! She was just over two weeks old when I had the chance to meet and photograph her. And because Hannah's a serious cuddlebug and doesn't like to be put down, I was treated to some quality snuggle time with her.

Of course, another major highlight of the trip was playing with my nephew Kyle, who at almost two years old has changed radically since I last got a chance to spend time with him at nine months old! It was so fun to hear him calling out for "Auntie!" from the other room, and after a very brief period of shyness, he was more than happy to show me all of his trucks and Daddy's garden tools (his greatest fascination). He is almost always full of smiles.

Given that these portraits are close to my heart, it was tough for me to select just one or two to share on the blog! What you see here is a fun shot of the whole family, Kyle in the bath tub, and a couple of my favorite shots of Hannah.

Thanks to Fiona and Dave for being such great hosts, even with a newborn and a tornado (er, I mean a two-year-old) in the house!

~ Laura

1 comment:

Fiona Walker said...

We had such fun with "Auntie" coming for a visit, and treasure both our time together and the beautiful photos. Of course, your favorites were some of my favorites too! Looking forward to our next visit (and portrait session!)